OFFICIAL SUNDAY OPEN THREAD

▶️ BONUS SUNDAY DEVOTIONAL: CLICK HERE TO READ

Immortality & Eternal Life

⭐️ RailBoss

fill

o you ever get a song stuck in your head? Why is that? Why can’t you just summon another thought to push it aside? Do you suppose that thought or idea will be bouncing around in your head even after you are gone from this earth? Do you ever dream? Does that dream move you to action, or cause you to rethink your path?

I don’t have an answer for that musical brainworm, but I may have an idea about
your dreams. I believe that our spiritual self is talking to our mortal being when we dream.

I’m not talking about that nightmare when the green dinosaur swallowed your Volkswagen. That was a result of too much sauerkraut on that chilidog. No, I’m referring to that impression or idea that comes to your mind after you have pondered deeply on the condition of your own welfare.

“Science” tells us we only utilize 10% of our brain. If that’s true, what’s happening with the other 90%? I believe that it’s the storehouse of all our memories, experiences and actions. And that poses the question; what are we filling our lives up with?

Each of us have chosen to come to this Earth to gain a mortal body, to be tried and tested, to learn and progress in our eternal journey toward perfection. Some are on Earth for a brief moment, while others live much longer. It is not how long we live, (tell that to Methuselah), but how well we live in the service of others.

One of my favorite scriptures reads: “For behold, I tell you these things, that ye may learn wisdom, yea, that ye shall learn that when you are in the serviceof your fellow being, you are only in the service of your God. (Mosiah 2;17)

The Bible teaches us that God created Adam, and by Adam came the fall of man.
And because of the Fall of Man, came Jesus Christ. And through Jesus Christ, came the redemption of Man. Through Christ we are brought back into the presence of the Lord, wherein all men are redeemed.

“The death of Christ bringeth to pass the resurrection, which bringeth to pass redemption from an endless sleep, from which all men shall be awakened by the power of God when the trumpets shall sound; and they shall come forth,both small and great, and all shall stand before His bar.”

Hmmm, standing before His bar. This is a very serious concept. I also believe it is at this point, that our lifetime of actions or inactions will be brought before us in full view to hold us either in condemnation or reward.

Two concepts at play, Immortality and Eternal Life. The redemption of man through the infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ is a free gift, given to all of His children by the Grace of God alone and does not requiring our works of righteousness. This is Immortality. Eternal Life or nearness to God is the reward for obedience to the laws and ordinances of His Gospel in that Immortality.

Wherever there is light, there is also shadow. Where there is intelligence,
there is also greater intelligence. I do not intend to take any physical things with me once I depart from this mortal realm. Only the choices I have made.

Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life will rise with us in the resurrection; and if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience, he will have so much that advantage in the world to come.There is a law irrevocably decreed in heaven, before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated. And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead, which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev. 20:12-13)

From this dismal & deathlike winter, remember that Spring always follows. A season of rebirth and renewal is now at our doorstep. The proof that all nature proclaims the divinity of our risen Lord, that He is our Creator, that He is theSavior of this world, that He is the very Son of God.

“Consider the lilies of the field, they neither toil nor spin, but not even Solomon in all his glory is arrayed such as these”

Live a good & chaste life. Walk fearless in the light of the noon-day sun. He whom is without moral infirmity can be reached by no arrow of base reproach. Live without shame. Be honored and respected beyond censure. Be solemn. Be stern in the faith, and let no unhallowed hand of man sway you. Always retain the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Demand respect for women and children.

May all of God’s blessings be your reward.

In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.